(Alcohol, Cigarettes and Substance Abuse are not permitted on the Nest property, the buildings and the Nest Trishaw)
- Nest opens its doors to tourists both local and foreign.
- These facilities are as follows and a short resume why this location is a good one.
- There are 2 bedrooms: A master bedroom large enough for a family with French windows to walk out into the garden.
- There is an attached spacious bathroom to the master bedroom with hot and cold shower, hand basin, and toilet with douche. There is an overhead fan and a standing fan, a lock up cupboard, clothes and towel hangar, dressing table and easy chairs. Also a small radio.
- Linen is provided which includes blankets, towels, sheets, pillows and pillow cases.
- There are overhead electric lights and a bedside lamp.
- One can have all meals outside in the garden or indoors.
- The Trishaw is owned by Nest and can be hired by guests.
- As the property is built on a hill many vegetables, fruits and interesting plants are grown. Barbeques are often organized at the top of the garden from where one has magnificent views of mountain ranges and foliage.
- The single bedroom has use of a toilet and shower.
- Guests at once experience a home atmosphere with traditional home cooking
- What experiences and facilities in store for you:
- Music centre,
- Playhouse for children under 5 years of age.
- A pond with fish
- A huge garden landscaped on a hill
- Different species of birds and monkeys.
- The garden has a Tree house made by children in the community .
- A strong swing, mat slide and climbing frame for children.
- Views are towards Nuwara Eliya, and the Knuckles Range of Mountains
- Parking available for 2 vehicles
- A library with books in English, Sinhala and Tamil
- Well equipped First Aid box
- Places to visit:
- Knuckles Range of Mountains’ area
- A hospital which is 5 minutes from the Guest house
- The famous 18 Bends
- Busy town with many shops 5 minutes from the property
- A Buddhist Temple 5 minutes from the property
- A river where one can bathe safely 2 minutes from the property
- All communities are represented with no friction or prejudice
- Many long walks accompanied by members of the guest house staff (if the guest wishes)
- Pets can accompany guests.
- Black pepper, Passion fruit, Kitul treacle (palm tree), Plantains, Avocado are plentiful in the area and grown on Nest property.
- Kandy city is 47 kilometers away, Mahiyangana is 27 kilometers away, Bibile is 52 kilometers away, Victoria Dam is 17 kilometers away, Moneragela is 112 kilometers away.
Contact: Mr. Milinda Munasinghe
“Dumbara Gedere”, 434/154 Kiripattiya Road, Kanahampitiya, Mediwaka, Ududumbara
Telephone: 009481 5622003
Mrs. Anoma Perera, Finance Manager ; Office in Colombo
+94 11 2576278
- Drop in charge using any of the bedrooms and bathrooms: SLRs: 1000.00 per person (Yen: 1430)
- Refreshments according to Menu card
- Overnight: SLRs 1500.00 per person including children (Yen: 2230)
- SLRs: 35.00 per kilometer, using Nest Trishaw.
We thank you for your interest and look forward to welcoming you
We would like to mention that Nest is a non profit making registered organization and all charges are put into Community care